Welcome to the Family Mental Health Resource Page! On this page, you will find useful information on a wide range of topics related to mental health challenges that can affect the whole family and those dealing with youth. The page also has links to many additional resources that were developed with the family unit in mind.
Family Friendly Websites
- BC Council for Families
- This organization provides a variety of resources, featuring articles covering topics such as parenting after divorce or parenting when there is a mental illness in the family, and a wide range of other family situations.
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- The Youth Mental Health section of the website includes a section on Mental Health and the Family, including articles on coping with stress of parenting.
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- This section includes resource links to PDF booklets such as “What Parents need to know about teens”
- Healthy Minds Healthy Children Outreach Services
- Click on resources to share with families. This site provides links to a wide range of sites that provide information about children’s mental health.
- Kids Healthy from Nemours
- This site includes articles on topics such as positive parenting and emotions and behaviours. It has a section specially designed for parents, children, and youth.
- Lives in Balance
- This site describes how to use the techniques of collaborative problem solving to help kids with social, emotional, and behavioural challenges.
- Bounce Back
- Feeling overwhelmed, tired or like you’re in a rut? Are you more worried than usual or find yourself feeling angry more easily? Bounce Back® may be able to help.